School Superintendent License
Further develop your skills and get the necessary license to lead your school system forward
If you have a vision for the future of your school district, leading from a superintendent role can be a powerful step for both your career and the educators around you. Built to give you the management and leadership skills necessary to fulfill an administrative role, our program will allow you to find success at the next level.
Advance Your Career–and the Future of Education in Your Area
Take the next step toward your career beyond the classroom. This program will equip you with the knowledge, skills and strategies necessary to bring change and solid leadership to your educational system. Gain insight into the role and responsibilities with individual attention from faculty, and create lasting professional connections with peers across the state.
About the Program
The School Superintendent License program builds on your completed coursework from your M.Ed in Educational Leadership and administrative licensure program. It’s designed to provide you with an understanding of changing school district organizations and helps you develop the processes needed to gather, analyze and use data for ethical, relational and relevant decision-making.
What To Expect
Required for Licensure as a School Superintendent:
- EDAD 691 – The Superintendency
- EDAD 693 – School Finance & Economics
- EDAD 694 – Organizational Management, Seminar & Internship for Superintendents (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDAD 698 – Personnel and Resource Manage
- EDAD 699 – Special Topics: School Safety
Required Principal and CIPD Licensure Coursework:
- EDLS 601 – The Visionary School Leader (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDLS 602 – Managing Fiscal Resources (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDLS 603 – Managing Human Resources (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDLS 622 – Transforming Organizational Climate & Culture (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDLS 633 – Safety & Crisis Management for Educational Leaders (Must be taken through Ashland University)
- EDLS 641 – Professional Development in Action (Must be taken through Ashland University)
*Prospective superintendent candidates with an M.Ed. in Educational Leadership or Educational Administration with a P-12 focus do not have to have transcripts evaluated, while others will be required to. Additional coursework may be required.
About Ashland University
Founded in 1878, Ashland University continues to have a rich tradition as a private, comprehensive institution preparing students for exciting, impactful professions and careers. Your success is our goal, not just while you are a student but for the rest of your life as a member of the Eagle family.
We place a great emphasis on the importance of each member of our community. The phrase “Accent on the Individual ” has been our motto for many years and characterizes well the nature and content of both the online and campus environment.
We promise to teach you how to think, not what to think. We promise to work with you to create an individualized plan for your future, and we promise you an affordable education. We promise you will be guided by mentors invested in you as an individual. They will, within a diverse community of respect, design personalized transformative experiences to develop you as a person who works, serves and leads with integrity. And we promise you a lifelong commitment as we continue to help you discern your life calling and make a positive impact on your family, community and the world at large.